Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lost and Found

       There are many times in life we feel lost. These feelings will fall away and reoccur along our path throughout our whole lives. This inclination of dropped spirits usually consists of anxiety, possible depression, a feeling of, "I don't no what I am doing or where I am going, I want to HIDE forever." It sounds pretty bad right? Well what changes it? We get an "AHA" moment of discovery and we see where to go next and things eventually smooth out on their own. Having these feelings are healthy and good actually because they usually set you up for a deeper discovery and a more exciting future. 
         This can be used in many parallels but as an example: Whenever I approach a new character I have a freak out moment! I think, "What the hell am I doing, I have no idea why I am doing this, I want to run away and hide from the world!" That is usually because the task at hand has so much variety and has a vast space full of possibility. This load of invisible future is hard to wrap your head around, so panic sets in. It is funny because it happens every time for me and I always end up working it out. 
          The way to solve these problems are to FOCUS on one thing. Something that starts you off to sit on and grow. We need a strong foundation in everything we do or it will fall apart.
         I see people around me going through it all the time and it saddens me to see this struggle. At the same time it is so human, so real, and so pure where it comes from. It is because this person has a heart, its because they care! 
        My best advice if you are in this situation now, or find yourself there in the future. Always know that it isn't always a bad place to be because when you don't know is when you are on the brink of discovery. If you see someone else in this position you should give them a hug and remind them how much they have to offer and just to relax and focus. Nothing gets done in a state of tension.
       Following your heart will always set you along the right path. Confusion is a word we use to block how clear we really are. All the answers are there you just have to let yourself see them. If it doesn't come right away distract yourself in something you love, like painting or yoga. Then relax and say I don't care if I find out. That's when you find it! Its like losing your keys and you look EVERYWHERE the second you give up, you see they were in your hand the whole time. :)
       Feeling lost is okay as long as you can allow yourself to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment